Pets may be the best company for you and your family. They bring you great joy and lift your spirits after an exhausting day at work. Unfortunately, that’s not all that comes with them. Pet hair and urine stains are just some of the difficulties you have to handle with furry friends around.
If you wish to find out how to clean up after your pet and have a lovely-smelling home at all times, the finest house cleaning service in Scottsdale has all you need to know right here. Stay tuned!
How do you keep your house clean with pets?
Pets can make a mess in all sorts of ways. Here are some of the most common ones:
Dealing with hair might be the most challenging task since pets leave it in almost every area of your house. Still, there’s a couple of effective methods to keep it in check:
- Vacuum: Your vacuum should have powerful suction, and not get clogged easily by hair. Also, it should work well on all surfaces so that you can clean your upholstery properly since you typically find a lot of hair on it.
- Duct tape: The stickiness of duct tape makes it perfect for removing pet hair. Just wrap it around a paint roller cover, with the sticky side facing outwards. Use the paint roller to clean your couch, carpet, and other surfaces, and add more tape as it gets full of hair.
Don’t forget to groom your pet regularly to prevent at least some shedding. Also, pet hair can contain many parasites, which is why grooming will also reduce the time you spend disinfecting your home.
To tackle urine stains use paper towels to soak up as much urine as possible. Then, make a 50/50 solution of vinegar and water and pour it onto the stain. Scrub the mixture using a brush and then blot the urine with a paper towel, pressing firmly into the stain.
When the area has dried off, sprinkle one or two handfuls of baking soda onto the stain, depending on its size. Afterward, mix half a cup of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide with a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent and apply the mixture onto the stain. Use a scrub brush to clean the carpet and vacuum it when it’s dry.
Dogs tend to bring in quite a bit of mud after a walk. The best way to stop this mud from ending up in your home is to keep an old towel near the front door and use it to wipe your pet’s feet. Additionally, you can place a runner next to the door in order to capture some of the dirt and vacuum it later.
How do you keep your house smelling clean with pets?
While you may be tempted to go for commercial candles or air fresheners, take caution because some pets are sensitive to the chemicals they contain. Instead, try these:
- Beeswax or soy candles: Always go for non-toxic candles that are designed especially for homes with pets.
- Simmering spices: Boil water and then turn down to a simmer. Add fragrant ingredients such as cinnamon stick, orange rind or clove. Top off with water as needed.
- Steam clean your carpets: Once you’ve removed all the dirt from your carpets, steam clean them to get rid of the stench trapped within.
- Wash linens, couch cushion covers, and pillows: Pets spend a lot of time on top of your furniture. As a result, nasty odors can develop on linens, covers, and pillows. Wash them regularly to maintain a pleasant smell.
Top house cleaning service in Scottsdale will work wonders in your home
Aren’t you tired of all the housework? Isn’t cleaning up after your pets tiresome? Why not hire professionals to handle the dirty work? Maid Easy can pair you up with the most reliable cleaning experts in the area who’ll make light work of all your chores. Just contact us, and put your feet up!
Now that your home is in great hands, there’s plenty of time for a fun day out. A baseball game at Chase Field sounds better than ever. Book Maid Easy now! We guarantee your satisfaction.